7.02.2008

"Ice Storm" by Anne Stuart

I will confess, this has been my least-favorite book of the Ice Series, though I did enjoy it in a general sense. I found a certain incongruity towards the end with Isobel's character. I realize the novel built up her vulnerability and departure from Ice Queen-hood, but still... there were moments when she acted less like a trained professional in charge of a covert operation and more like an emotionally frustrated twenty-something. It was just too much of a personality jump for me. What bothered me the most about this novel, though, was Killian. He's an interesting, aggravating character, but he felt less developed than, say, Bastien or Taka. He never really came together for me. The backstory was the most interesting part, with everything else coming across as filler material. Which is a shame because I love Anne Stuart's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment